Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 11- sorry about the text can't figure it out

I guess my blog settings have changed and I didn't see any of your comments until late last night. Thank you ALL for your continued support and prayers. The most common question people are asking me is "what is a coffee break?" Well...... Coffee breaks are actually retained coffee enemas. I do 5 a day. I was struggling with them at first but now I look forward to them. They make me feel so much better. If I have a headache or felt achy all over, I just take a coffee break and voila I feel better. I snagged this from the gerson website

The coffee enemas are a must for anyone doing the Gerson Therapy. As the juices begin rebuilding the body and encouraging toxins to be released from the cells into the bloodstream, a great deal of stress is placed upon the liver. The liver alone, especially in cancer patients, cannot deal with a sudden influx of toxins into the bloodstream. The coffee enemas increase liver filtering, greatly aiding the liver’s ability to remove serum toxins. Coffee enemas are used to increase the liver’s detoxification capacity. Certain substances in the coffee stimulate an important detoxification enzyme in the liver as well as dilate the bile ducts and increase the flow of bile. 

Keep in mind I'm not just doing the Gerson therapy, I'm actually doing the Gerson Plus therapy which builds upon the original gerson therapy. My day is full. I asked them to start it at 5am instead of the usual 7am so we can grab some time to head to the beach. They start with a B-12 and liver injection in my hip followed by my IV injection of Leatril, to weaken the malignant cells, and high dose Vitamin C to kill them. After that is done they administer Cartilage therapy through my IV, which has healing and anti-tumor effects, and then Urea, used for tumor debulking. All the IVs go through my catheter in my chest. 

Breakfast comes at 8:30am along with the first of 13 juices. Breakfast is always oatmeal, a piece of toast and fruit, fresh or stewed. Different juices then come every hour on the hour until 8pm. They have been bringing me double juices since I'm breast feeding. Its a lot of liquid.  Lunch and dinner are at 12pm and 5 pm and I am required to finish most of my meal. As they say here, my food is my medicine.

 My coffee breaks are at 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, and 7pm. I can't stick to those exact times as good on the account that I nurse Danica 5 to 6 times per day, not including the nightly feedings she has restarted. With almost every juice comes supplements that I need to take.

My IVs will stop next Wednesday and I will start on two new injections that I will continue once home. Josh and I are going to have to learn how to give injections. 

Today we went for an hour long walk on the beach. Becky leaves tomorrow. There were a few people riding horses on the beach again and one of the gentlemen waved, brought his horse over and had his horse bow down. I totally missed it but Becky said it was cool. rats! 

I haven't had anymore bad reactions, praise God. Everything seems to be going smoothly, except that I am home sick something awful. Oh how I miss my boys.

 Aunt Becky playing with Danica, those two have such a great time together. I caught them doing this after one of my coffee breaks. Superman!!

Here was our nice cowboy on the beach. Really wish I could have gotten a picture of the horse bowing down, (or seen it for that matter).

1 comment:

  1. thank you for telling us about your daily schedule. helps to know more specifics to pray. how nice that they honored your request to start earlier. the beach time is a helpful "carrot" in your day. sure that time is special for your outook. thankful that you've had a helper. such beautiful encouragement. God bless you.